Advanced Botulinum Toxin: Cosmetic Mid-Face, Lower Face/Neck Region & Myofascial Pain & Dysfunctional Treatment
Level 3 is an advanced botulinum toxin course which includes the therapeutic and cosmetic uses in the mid-face, lower-face and neck. Level 3 includes a comprehensive in-depth analysis of symptoms, conditions and treatment using therapeutic levels of botulinum toxin that can help treat patients with chronic pain. Learn how EMG analytics are used to assist with the diagnosis, dosage, musculature and injection timing when treating myofascial pain and how you can improve your patient’s appearance aesthetically by reducing the signs of aging in the mid-face, lower-face and neck, in addition to correcting gummy and canted smiles to achieve the ultimate smile. This course also includes extensive team member training for improved patient care.
- Prerequisite: Level 2 and 20 patient cases documented from Level 2. Additional requirements for Alberta dentists.
- Format: online (8 hours of didactic) & clinical hands-on (8 hours)
- CE: 16 credits (ADG PACE, ADA CERP & ADA+C approved)
- Fee: Practitioners (Dentists/Physicians/Nurses): $3,400 | Team Members: $799
- Requirements: patient model, current copy of your license and malpractice insurance
- Understand how to treat a patient cosmetically with botulinum toxin in the mid-face, lower-face and neck
- Understand how to use EMG analytics to assist with the diagnosis, dosage, musculature and injection timing when treating myofascial pain
- Develop a deeper understanding of the “ideal treatment sequence”
Online didactic (8 hours with an exam), and 1-day of clinical hands-on (8 hours). Includes: applied anatomy, clinical examination, documentation, application, management & limitations.
Have you noticed an increase in the number of patients presenting with TMD and myofascial pain in your practice? The Level 3 course includes a comprehensive in-depth analysis of symptoms, conditions and treatment using therapeutic levels of botulinum toxin type A that can help treat patients with chronic pain. It also covers how you can improve your patient’s appearance aesthetically by reducing the signs of aging in the mid-face, lower-face and neck, as well as correcting gummy and canted smiles.
- Upcoming course dates
- Patient requirements
- Registration and cancellation policy
- Alberta dentist registration requirements
PTIFA is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers with continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. PTIFA designates Level 3 for 16 hours of continuing education credits.