Interested in becoming a patient model? Please read the following details for information on how to become a model in our courses.
The Pacific Training Institute for Facial Aesthetics and Therapeutics provides licensed professionals post-graduate training on how to become a qualified injector and treatment provider. The courses provided by PTIFA provide the highest standard of patient care available within the industry. All of the treatments are overseen by our experienced Instructors and are provided in a clinical environment.
The following treatments are offered to qualifying candidates:
Botulinum Toxin Cosmetic
Botulinum toxin for enhancing your appearance cosmetically by reducing wrinkles, fine lines and the signs of aging in the following areas:
- Upper face (in between the eyebrows, forehead and crow’s feet)
- Mid-face (nose-area), lower-face (smoker’s lines, chin), neck (jowls), platysma bands as well as gummy smiles and uneven lips/canted smiles.
Botulinum Toxin Therapeutic
Botulinum toxin for reducing pain, and other myofascial pain symptoms including: TMD/TMJ, clenching, grinding, bruxing, migraines, headaches, etc. Your treatment fee may be eligible for coverage through your insurance provider.
Dermal filler treatment can help smooth out deep facial lines and creases (such as nasolabial folds/ laugh lines/marionette lines), plumping up thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the lip border, enhancing the shape of the cheeks, often restoring youthful fullness.
Medical microneedling treatments offer the following benefits:
- Intensifies trans-dermal delivery of topical serums
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Rejuvenates the skin by improving skin tone and texture
- Minimizes stretch marks
- Restores a more youthful appearance by effectively tightening, lifting and thickening the skin
- Improves the appearance of scars
- Reduces pore size
Patient Model Requirements
Models are responsible for the following:
- attending a consultation prior to their treatment at one of our clinics: Fridays in Vancouver, or Monday/Tuesday in Tsawwassen (microneedling models are not required to attend a consultation in advance)
- showing up on time for their scheduled treatment date (on select Saturdays in Vancouver)
- if required, attending their post-op/follow-up appointment (typically two-weeks after treatment) at either the Vancouver or Tsawwassen clinic.
- Models interested in botulinum toxin or dermal filler treatments are required to schedule a consultation prior to treatment. There is a one-time $100 consultation fee due at your first appointment.
- For microneedling treatments, there is a non-refundable booking fee of $100 to schedule your treatment. The booking fee will be put towards the cost of treatment, however will be forfeited if you are late, no-show or cancel your appointment within 24 hours or less prior to day of treatment. Models who do not show up or late cancel for their scheduled treatment have a significant effect on the course, and is the reason why this policy has been introduced.
- Treatment is provided at a courtesy rate of $6/unit for botulinum toxin treatment (reg. $12/unit), $375 per syringe for dermal filler treatment (reg. $550) and $199 (reg. $500) for medical microneedling treatment. Fees are due at the time of service. For injectable treatments, patient’s treatment fee is dependent on desired results, age, gender, treated areas, etc and can be discussed during your consultation.
- If you MISS, NO SHOW or CANCEL within 24 hours of your treatment or for your 2-week post-op appointment, you will no longer be eligible to book as a patient model at ANY future course.
Consultations and follow-up appointments are available on Mondays/Tuesdays (Tsawwassen) and Fridays (Vancouver).
Treatment days are available on select Saturdays each month – either at UBC or Downtown Vancouver.
Please click here to complete the online form or contact Natasha at 604-757-1299.