This is a great introductory course to how botulinum toxin type A (aka Botox®/Dysport/Xeomin) is used therapeutically in dentistry. Learn how the neuromodulator botulinum toxin type A can positively impact implant therapy, perio, endo, TMD treatment and more. Understanding the multiple mechanisms of action of botulinum toxin type A along with a sound foundation in anatomy opens up a new approach to traditional dental therapies. This course is about botulinum toxin type A beyond the wrinkles!
By the way, this course was one of the best courses I have ever attended!
Dr. Frank Hohn, President of the Canadian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Saskatoon, SK
- Format: Online course with an exam
- CE: 4 credits (AGD PACE, ADA CERP approved)
- Fee: $599
Have you dabbled in Botox® treatment? Want to learn more? The multiple mechanisms of action of botulinum toxin type A have an impact far beyond facial wrinkles. A detailed understanding of the anatomy of the face and neck is paramount to successful therapeutic and cosmetic treatment with Botox®. Learn how the secondary and tertiary mechanisms of action affect pain modulation and have a major impact on adjunctive therapy for TMD and headache treatment. Muscle relaxation of sensitive periodontal tissues with botulinum toxin type A prior to surgery can have a significant influence on implant success. Learn how botulinum toxin type A can impact your practice in ways you have never before considered!
- To illustrate how the use of botulinum toxin type A can interface with€¦implants, TMD, perio, endo, ortho for more positive treatment outcomes.
- To explain the synergy between the cosmetic and therapeutic uses of Botox
- To show how an in-depth understanding of anatomy is crucial for positive patient outcomes.