Advanced Anatomy Review & Intro to Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Filler
This foundational online course provides 16+ hours of an advanced anatomy learning completed by a 300+ question exam. Practitioners will receive a solid introduction to botulinum toxin type A (aka Botox/Dysport/Xeomin) and what is needed to examine a patient and arrive at a differential diagnosis. Course also reviews the business of botulinum toxins, an extensive review of head and neck anatomy, including an e-Cadaver and e-Skull laboratory, its relevancy to the administration and pharmacology of botulinum toxin type A and to other aesthetic and non-aesthetic therapies and procedures, proper photography, record keeping and office integration. An online workbook (PDF) is provided.
- Format: Online self-directed course with an exam. Users will have access to the material for one year upon registration. The course is 16+ hours long.
- CE: 16 credits (AGD PACE, ADA CERP & ADA+C approved – details for Alberta dentists)
- Fee: Practitioner (Dentists/Physicians/Nurses): $1,695 | Team Members: $199
- Registration Policy
- Muscles of the head & neck region
- Muscle physiology
- Anatomy of the temporomandibular joint region
- Neurovascular system
- Tissue planes
- Skin & aging of the face
- An overview of all the actions of Botulinum toxin type A
- Pharmacology and review of muscle physiology
1) Develop a deep understanding of head and neck anatomy.
2) Understand what clinical systems are required in order to effectively integrate facial rejuvenation procedures, including Botulinum toxin type A, into practice.
3) Understand the importance of detailed history taking and learn the world’s standard Roberts Facial Rejuvenation Photography™ series for photographic documentation.
PTIFA is an ADA CERP recognized provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers with continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. PTIFA designates Level 1 for 16 hours of continuing education credits.