PTIFA 7-Point Anatomical Landmarking Template for Glabella Treatment Using Botulinum Toxin
Take your career to the next level with PTIFA’s BoNT-A workshop. Learn the acclaimed “PTIFA Anatomical Landmarking Template” for the #1 requested BoNT-A treatment – the glabella aka “frown lines”. Learn from world renowned injector, Dr. Roberts, and practice his anatomical-based marking technique on a live model of your choice. In this workshop, you will develop a deep understanding of the anatomy of the glabella complex & how to find and mark anatomical landmarks to ensure safe & effective delivery of BoNT-A to ensure predictable & reproducible results every time.
- Develop a deep understanding of the anatomy of the glabella complex (frown muscles).
- Learn how to find and mark important anatomical landmarks on a live model to ensure safe and effective delivery of BoNT-A.
- Learn how to use the PTIFA 7-Point Anatomical Landmarking Template for glabella treatment to ensure predictable and reproducible results every time.
Anatomical Landmarking for Predictable Botulinum Toxin Results
Did you know that 99% of negative side effects associated with Botulinum Toxin treatment are injector related? Having a deep understanding of facial anatomy can help you achieve consistent predictable results and avoid the negative side effects. In this hands-on workshop, Drs. Jan & Warren Roberts will relate surface features of the face to underlying bone and musculature using a skull and cadaver. Practice the PTIFA Anatomical Marking Technique for identifying vital bony landmarks and appropriate injection sites for Botulinum Toxin treatment. Learn how PTIFA’s industry-leading technique will allow you to provide the highest level of patient care, improve your competency and proficiency, and achieve even greater practice success.
- Understand why a deep understanding of facial anatomy is crucial for providing predictable Botulinum Toxin treatment.
- Understand how surface features of the face relate to underlying anatomy.
- Learn the PTIFA Anatomical Landmarking Technique for aesthetic Botulinum Toxin treatment in the upper face.
The Therapeutic Use of Botulinum Toxin & the Aesthetic Side Effects
Have you dabbled in Botulinum Toxin treatment? Want to learn more? The multiple mechanisms of action of Botulinum Toxin have an impact far beyond facial wrinkles. A detailed understanding of the anatomy of the face and neck is paramount to successful therapeutic and aesthetic treatment with Botulinum Toxin. Learn how the secondary and tertiary mechanisms of action affect pain modulation and have a major impact on adjunctive therapy for TMD and headache treatment. Muscle relaxation of sensitive periodontal tissues with Botulinum Toxin prior to surgery can have a significant influence on implant success. Learn how Botulinum Toxin can impact your practice in ways you have never before considered!
- To explain the synergy between the cosmetic and therapeutic uses of Botulinum Toxin
- To illustrate how the use of Botulinum Toxin can interface with implants, TMD, perio, endo, ortho for more positive treatment outcomes.
- To show how an in-depth understanding of anatomy is crucial for positive patient outcomes.
EMG Guided Botulinum Toxin Therapy For TMD
Botulinum Toxin has become a recognized treatment for TMD and craniofacial pain, however many dentists are unaware of the importance of incorporating EMG (electromyograph) analytics to improve diagnosis and treatment outcomes.
In this Live Demonstration, Dr. Roberts will demonstrate how EMG data is used to improve patient care by assisting with the diagnosis, dosage determination and injection timing. Dr. Roberts will then treat the patient using PTIFA’s injection technique that essentially eliminates negative side effects.
- Understand how EMG’s are used to improve patient care when using Botulinum Toxin to therapeutically treat patents for TMD, bruxism and headaches.
- Understand how EMG’s are used for evaluating and recording the electrical activity produced by skeletal muscles and how they can reveal nerve dysfunction, muscle dysfunction or problems with nerve-to-muscle signal transmission.
- Learn how EMG’s can be used to determine the timing for re-injection, maintain the pain-free state, prevent relapse and improve patient care.
Team Training for Botulinum Toxin (Part 1 of 2 – Lecture)
Have you dabbled in Botulinum Toxin treatment? Want to learn more? The multiple mechanisms of action of Botulinum Toxin have an impact far beyond facial wrinkles. A detailed understanding of the anatomy of the face and neck is paramount to successful therapeutic and cosmetic treatment with Botulinum Toxin. Learn how the secondary and tertiary mechanisms of action affect pain modulation and have a major impact on adjunctive therapy for TMD and headache treatment. Muscle relaxation of sensitive periodontal tissues with Botulinum Toxin prior to surgery can have a significant influence on implant success. Learn how Botulinum Toxin can impact your practice in ways you have never before considered!
|1. Learn how Botulinum Toxin is used both therapeutically and cosmetically to improve patient care|
|2. Understand what supplies and systems are required to integrate Botulinum Toxin into a dental office|
|3. Use of photography for recording pre-treatment conditions, on-going improvements + case presentation|
Team Training for Botulinum Toxin (Part 2 of 2 – Workshop)
|This hands-on training course will provide team members with the skills required to successfully incorporate Botulinum Toxin treatment, including how to take the Roberts Facial Rejuvenation Photography series, reconstitution of the product and how to prepare syringes for injection.|
|1. Learn how to take the Roberts Facial Rejuvenation Photography series|
|2. Learn how to reconstitute Botulinum Toxin|
|3. Learn how to load syringes & prepare syringes for injection|
Using Botulinum Toxin to Increase Implant Success & Improve Crown Emergence Profile
This course will address Botulinum Toxin and implants: how Botulinum Toxin can be used prior to implant surgery to relax the muscles that insert into adjacent soft tissue and strongly influence success or failure. The muscles that insert into the periodontium and affect implant health and longevity will be reviewed. How muscle relaxation can aid vital angiogenesis by reducing subconscious habits, excessive muscular contraction and consequently improve implant integration will be discussed. Medications for anxiety and depression also influence the process. Botulinum Toxin has a positive affect on anxiety and depression; the research will be presented.
- Understand how relaxation of the musculature using Botulinum Toxin can enhance positive outcomes when placing implants.
- Understand how the muscles surrounding the alveolar ridge can interfere with implant integration, and how Botulinum Toxin can be used to relax them
- Understand how Botulinum Toxin can improve angiogenesis in graft and implant treatment
Using Botulinum Toxin to Enhance the Ultimate Smile Design
The frame around a cosmetic smile design needs to be attractive and appropriate or it detracts from the work of art it surrounds. Conversely, when the frame is complimentary and congruent with the smile it encompasses, the overall result is enhanced. Botulinum Toxin can be effectively used to enhance the overall result of cosmetic smile makeovers.
- To discuss how micro, mini and macro aesthetics all provide a frame for the teeth
- To illustrate how the use of Botulinum Toxin in conjunction with cosmetic dental procedures can affect a better outcome that traditional cosmetic dental treatment alone.
- To illustrate how Botulinum Toxin can influence the final outcome of a smile design using case studies.
Using Dermal Filler to Enhance the Ultimate Smile Design
This lectures reviews how dermal fillers are used to enhance the complete smile design. The diagnosis for dermal filler use and the patient consult will be presented using the new FACETEC software technology. Three separate appointments using the before & after functions will enable you to create the ideal rejuvenation with only the dental team and the patient aware of the subtle procedures. To achieve ideal patient care, the various injection techniques will be presented, including the new Soft Fill butterfly injection system.
- To understand the proper diagnosis of facial rejuvenation, when to use dermal fillers, how much and what type
- To use the ultimate software to diagnose, include the patient’s wants, plus have instantaneous before & after photographs
- To understand the current injection techniques, including the use of the SoftFil injection guide for ultimate patient care
Dr. Roberts is also available to speak on other topics including:
- Electromyograph (EMG) Guided Botulinum Toxin Therapy for TMD
- The Business of Botulinum Toxin