The Province of British Columbia recently announced new COVID-19 vaccination requirements which may effect one’s ability to attend PTIFA’s in-person courses held in BC. By order of the Provincial Health Order, proof of vaccination will be required to access some events, services and businesses. Starting September 13, 2021 you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, 2021 you must be fully vaccinated. Events, businesses and services will ask to see your proof of vaccination and valid government ID.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The requirement covers indoor organized gatherings such as weddings, parties, conferences, meetings and workshops with more than 50 people. Getting vaccinated keeps everyone in B.C. safe and stops the spread of COVID-19.
Vaccination Key Dates
- September 13, 2021: Partially vaccinated. By September 13, you must be partially vaccinated. You’re partially vaccinated with 1 dose.
- October 24, 2021: Fully vaccinated. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. You’re fully vaccinated 7 days after dose 2.
Coming soon: BC’s Vaccine Card for BC Residents
You’ll be able to show your proof of vaccination easily using the B.C. vaccine card website. The secure website provides confidential access to your proof of vaccination. You’ll be able to save your vaccine card to your smartphone and show it when accessing events, services and businesses. A secure paper option is also available.
For Guests Outside of BC and International Visitors
People from other Canadian provinces or territories must show:
- Provincially/territorially officially recognized vaccine record
- Valid government ID from the same province or territory
International visitors must show:
- Proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada
The requirement is in place until April 8, 2022 and is subject to extension.
All of the details can be found here: Proof of Vaccination – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
You can also contact PTIFA if you have any further questions.